Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday-Favorite Sports Team

Hi there my polish friends and welcome to Tuesday.  Thankfully I haven't frozen yet with this polar vortex fun we've been having.  -8 wind chill this morning and icy roads...isn't it still Fall?  Not much new is going on since the weekend.  I had a super lazy night last night, but to be fair, so did my husband :)  I ordered my Erin Condren planner so I spent the night browsing planner supplies on etsy.  Try to contain your excitement for the thrilling life I lead ;)

Today's Twinsie Tuesday prompt is favorite sports team.  I don't really follow sports all that much, although my husband is a die hard Chicago sports fan.  I knew I was going to break his heart when I didn't choose a Chicago team but he took it better than I expected.  When I lived in Tampa we got to go to a lot of Bucs and Lightning games.  We were even at some of the Playoff games for the Tampa Bay Lightning which was really amazing so that's the team I relate to the most...The Tampa Bay Lightning (hockey).  I've always been a hockey fan more than anything else.


I decided to keep it simple to really show off the contrast of the team's colors, white and a royal deep blue.  My husband even got in on it and helped me pick out the right shade of blue.  We looked at all the blues on my OPI wall rack and I picked a few and he asked me to swatch them to see them accurately...I kid you not :)  I guess even if it's nail polish, men must take their sports seriously.  We had the swatches of the blues, compared to the colors of the team on google, then we discussed which was better...

For my white base I used a pure white, OPI Alpine Snow.  For my shade of "lightning blue", the hubby and I settled on OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay, which was deep but not too deep of a blue. 



I can't wait to see what everyone else chooses and if it relates to where they live now!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace  
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish

6 comments:

  1. That blue is pretty against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the hubby had to swatch them to get the blue just right for the team! Great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another hockey fan! Love the sideways french mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered an EC planner too and am so excited for it to get here! Yep... us polish-aholics are the most fun! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete