Friday, May 9, 2014

Zoya Tickled Collection Polish Comparisons

Hi everyone, happy Friday.  It's quite the dreary and stormy day here but that doesn't matter because it's Friday!  The hubby and I hit up Home Depot after work to get some plants for our garden, which will be going in tomorrow.  We settled on beets, snap peas, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, strawberries, parsnips, zucchini, cucumbers, chilis, and peppers.  It sounds like a lot, but we have a gigantic garden in the middle of our yard so there's probably room for more.  If you can't tell, we get really excited for our garden every year.  There's something so nice about coming home from work, going into the garden, and picking what's ripe that day for dinner.  

Now onto the reason you're here...the polish!  As I was swatching the new Zoya Tickled collection, I kept thinking I had similar colors. You can see my comparisons below...I even think I found a dupe!

First up is the blue comparison with Zoya Ling.  These three looked so similar in the bottle but they ended up different on the nail wheel.

Essie Hide & Go Chic-darker than Ling, still a marine blue cream, two coats

Smokey Mountain Lacquers In Your Dreams-I thought this one would be a dead on dupe but this one is a crelly that needed three coats and was more sheer

Zoya Ling-Definitely a full coverage cream, great formula, 2 coats


Next up is the comparison with the bubble gum pink, Zoya Kitridge.

OPI Pink-ing of You-more dusty than Kitridge and more on the sheer side, three coats

Zoya Kitridge-a vibrant blue-based bubble gum pink, dries semi-matte, two coats

OPI Kiss Me I'm Brazilian-Much deeper than Kitridge, warmer toned, two coats

Zoya Shelby-slightly darker than Kitridge and has a slightly dusty tone to it, two coats


Next up is the oranges, one of which I am considering a dupe.  They all look very similar in the picture but I promise they are different.

OPI My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours!-This is the polish I'm considering a dupe.  I couldn't distinguish it from Zoya Rocha.  It even has the vein of silver shimmer in the bottle that doesn't translate to the nail (like Rocha), three coats, harder to clean up than Rocha

Zoya Rocha-super punchy and vibrant red-orange cream, 2 coats, better formula and easier to clean up than OPI Paprika

OPI A Good Man-darin Is Hard to Find-slightly more orange leaning, cream formula, 2 coats

Barielle Fire Me Up-The odd man out of the group, this one was much more orange than orange-red, 2 coats


Next up is Zoya Rooney.  I really couldn't find anything similar in my collection to this one.

China Glaze Bottoms Up-bubble gum pink, not even close to Rooney, 2 coats

Zoya Rooney-a raspberry cream, 2 coats

OPI Shorts Story-the only one I could find that was similar to Rooney, this one is more vibrant and not as dusty, 2 coats


For the greens, I thought I was closer looking at the bottles, but Tilda remains a unique color in my collection.

Zoya Tilda-a warm-toned mantis green cream, 2 coats

OPI Green-wich Village-more of a crelly formula and slightly less yellow than Tilda, 3 coats

Zoya Josie-I didn't think this would be a dupe, I just wanted to compare it.  Josie is much cooler and more of a grass green cream, 2 coats


Ooooh, I love a good coral polish so I had lots of options for this one.

Maybelline Coral Crush-I thought this would be a dupe but it's more red than Wendy, 2 coats

Zoya Wendy-a pinky red coral cream, 2 coats

Julie G Romeo-this one looks more red than Wendy although it still is a coral cream, 2 coats

Zoya Micky-Again, I just wanted to compare in case people have this one.  Micky is the pink toned cousin of Wendy, they are very similar but Wendy has the far superior formula, 3 coats


As I was editing I went....wait, Zoya Kitridge and China Glaze Bottoms Up looked like dupes in the photos.  So naturally I had to compare them.  These two are extremely similar but Bottoms Up is one shade cooler than Kitridge.  Both required two coats and dried semi-matte.


There you have it.  I hope this was helpful.  Even though I own all these polishes, I get curious how these polishes compare to one another.  There's also something exciting about finding a dupe :)  Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. What a great post comparing the shades to similar polishes. It was awesome to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love seeing the differences between the polishes. I don't have an unlimited polish budget (if only, right?) and it's nice to know how new colors compare to ones I may already have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post!!!! It's crazy to see the similarities and differences between the different shades. From my computer I would swear that the oranges are all dupes for one another!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Awesome! This is bad...making a list of polishes I want to get...

    ReplyDelete