Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trend Alert: Speckled Polish (5 polishes)

Hi guys, welcome to Thursday.  I feel like we are very rapidly approaching warmer weather here.  It's been pretty consistently on the warmer side here and I think that's really exciting.  I really want to have just an awesome summer.  I feel like work has just taken over for at least the past six months and I really want to put that all behind me and start enjoying things again.

So I have a serious question for you guys.  Do you guys actually like my new YouTube channel or would you rather see it go away?  I have been losing followers and I wasn't sure if that was the reason.  Leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  I did have a slow period of posts recently but life gets in the way sometimes.  Maybe that's it?  

Anyways, all of that aside, I wanted to bring you my most favorite trend right now.  Speckled polish!  Ever since I saw swatches of the Models Own collection of speckled polish, I've been obsessed with these pastel polishes with black glitters.  There's actually quite a variety out there and I wanted to share swatches of some recent additions to my polish collection.


First up is Julep Felicia.  I'm not gonna lie, I bought my Julep box last month just so I could add this on :/  It's true though, I even texted my husband a picture saying look at this mint chocolate chip polish, I must have it :)  This polish had a really good formula and I used two coats for my swatches.



Next up is L'oreal Spot Me, which is a new polish that I saw in stores.  It's a dusty pale blue base with different sizes of black glitters.  I used three thin coats for this one and I need to note that it is a pain to remove.  Pretty color though.




Next up is Emily de Molly Speckled Pig.  I couldn't believe it when I found a speckled Indie and I ordered it right away.  This polish has a pink base with small black glitters.  I really loved wearing this one and it built up nicely in two coats.  And the name...come on ;)





Next up is another Julep polish, Julep Kimberly.  This polish was from April's mystery box and I had to get it.  I had never ordered a mystery box from Julep (I'll have a video soon) but I was very pleased.  This polish is a purple version of Felicia.  It had a good formula and needed two coats.




Last up is a polish I've already shown, but I couldn't not include it.  This is L'oreal Le Pastille, which is a cookies and cream looking polish.  I did need three coats and it was difficult to remove.  I still love it though and have used it countless times since I bought it a few weeks ago.



I'm really in love with this trend right now.  I felt like we saw a little of it last year but that it has really taken off this year.  I'm still on the hunt for other colors, perhaps a yellow or a pale mint.  What do you think of this trend?  Do you own any speckled polish?

11 comments:

  1. these are all so pretty especially loving the purple julep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all these - especially L'oreal Le Pastille! I wish it was available in Denmark :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they all look great, my personal favourites are Felicia and Speckled Pig- now just have to figure out where could I purchase them :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these speckled shades look so good! I need to check my collection to see if I own any now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very, very pretty, but Felicia stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! It's so cool to see different brands put their spin on the spotted trend. If you like these, I bet you'd love the Illamasqua Imperfection ones. They are treasured (and hella expensive) additions to my stash. Also I, for one, adore your YouTube channel, especially the hassle and trends videos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're LOSING followers? I'm a new follower and my sister just started following too! I'm not a big video watcher, because I just don't have the time, but that's why I like your blog, you still post plenty of swatches. But when I do have the time, I love your videos! It would definitely not make me unfollow though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog AND your VIDEOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete