Monday, January 27, 2014

Sweet Heart Polish: Death is Only the Beginning Collection

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday.  Sorry for no posts last weekend, I was just so burnt out with life because of stress from my job.  I had posts but I just couldn't bring myself to write them up.  Today is one of those posts :)  The weekend was nice and relaxing for me.  Saturday I did some shopping and my husband and I went and saw Lone Survivor (I think that's the name).  It was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen, I would highly recommend it (unless you have a problem with the realistic kind of gore, then don't).  Sunday I lazed around the house and folded eight hundred loads of clothes and watched The Office on Netflix.  I was feeling pretty positive about starting a new week until I got to work this morning to a nasty email.  I think the root of it was the said person had to work on the weekend, which, I honestly have no sympathy for.  I spent most of last year working every night and weekend with no credit, no praise, and no pay for it so yea....

Anyways, today I have a collection from Sweet Heart Polish that I won in a giveaway.  Death is Only the Beginning is a new collection based on the movie The Mummy, which I love.  There are eight polishes in the collection consisting of scattered holographics in very pretty colors!  Let's get right into it.

Ameniphus

This polish is a warm coppery brown holographic.  Good formula, I found that most of these seemed pretty sheer but that was fixed by doing three thin coats of polish.  I used three coats with topcoat below.



Drink From the Nile

This polish is a bright cobalt blue holographic polish.  This polish is really stunning, the color is just amazing.  Three coats with topcoat below.



Scarab Shells

This polish is a purple holo with a blue shift.  There is something very magical about the color of this polish.  Three coats with topcoat below.



O'Connell

One of my favorites of the group!  O'Connell is a bright aqua blue holo.  This polish is so vibrant and really stunning.  Three coats with topcoat below.



Book of Amun-Ra

This polish is a sheer warm gold polish with tiny gold microglitter.  I would recommend using this one as a topper, instead of trying to make it opaque.  As you can see, it's very sheer and I used three coats with topcoat below and there is plenty of visible nail line.



Oasis of Ahm-Shere

Another favorite!  Pictures really can't accurately show the beauty of this one, it is stunning in real life.  This polish is a medium emerald green holo but it's a very light emerald and I thought that was really unique.  Three coats with topcoat below.



Sands of Time

This polish is a frosty gold holo.  I used three coats with topcoat below.



I am a Librarian!

Last up, a pretty raspberry pinky red holo.  Three coats with topcoat below.



Although I am admittedly not the biggest fan of holos (gasp!), this collection really hit it out of the park for me.  The polishes are a bit sheer, but I think the visible nail line is much more evident in photos than it is in person.  My favorites out of the group were Ameniphus, Drink from the Nile, O'Connell, and Oasis of Ahm-Shere.  You can find these polishes on etsy here.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty swatches! My favourite is Scarab Shells, but I would probably put it over a lavender polish to avoid having to put so many layers on. O'Connell is also amazing!

    xo maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you are not the biggest fan of holos! WHO ARE YOU?

    Just kidding ;) I love Nile, such a pretty blue!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shades in this collection! I love the shimmer and shine these all have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Mummy movies, so of course I love the concept of this collection! I think there's a lot of pretty shades in it. I especially like Drink From The Nile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the days that become tough for me I either sleep or sit down and watch old episodes of my favorite tv show. Right now I'm watching Psych and Supernatural. Ameniphus is precious. All of them are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beauties!! I love them all :D Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete