Sunday, March 17, 2013

OPI Oz Collection: Part 1



OPI Oz Collection Part 1: Don't Burst My Bubble and When Monkeys Fly!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  My husband and I went to the movies to see Oz The Great and Powerful and we got there at 1 o'clock, went to get our tickets, and surprise, the theater in the nearby little town was full.  I guess we now have plans for next weekend :)  Today I have the first part of the OPI Oz Collection.  While I have already confessed my love for the Wizard of Oz, it's no surprise that I had to get the entire collection.  I know people were disappointed that there weren't bright "oz-like" colors in this collection but I really like what OPI came up with.  

First up is Don't Burst My Bubble.  This polish is a white pink sheer that had a really good formula.  Sometimes with sheers, during application, they can be really streaky and hard to work with but I didn't find that to be a problem at all.  These photos are three coats with no topcoat.  I really liked this shade and I see it as very bridal. 



Next up is When Monkeys Fly!...the controversial polish everyone is talking about.  I went back and forth on whether I was going to get this polish.  I ended up getting it and I don't regret it one bit.  This polish is one coat of the gold hex glitter with small silver glitters.  Was there curling?  Yes.  Was it horrible?  No.  The pictures make it look like the glitters are curled beyond belief, but that really isn't the case.  I got the majority of the gold glitter to lie flat just by putting the curled side down on the nail which wasn't that big of a pain at all.   I actually really like the look of this polish and am glad that I ended up buying it.





1 comment:

  1. You are right, the pics do make it look like they are really curling but I have heard others say it's not really that bad. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete